Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My Dad

This is probably only funny for people who know my Dad, but I had to share it anyway, because it was a perfect welcome home. A little context: My Dad doesn't talk much, so when he does we all listen. And, my siblings and I compete to make him laugh. If you can do that, you totally win cuz the man doesn't make too much noise.

So, I get home from Boston and I'm sitting in the kitchen eating tapa, while my Dad is cooking up some spaghetti.

He asked, "So, all your despedida (going away) parties are over?"
I replied, "Yeah."
He goes on, "So, you've wiped the slate clean?"
Me: "Uhhh, uh huh."
Dad: "No looking back?"
Me: "Uhhhh, I guess."
Dad: "Closed that chapter of your life?"
Me: "Sigh. Yeah."
Dad: "Turned over a new leaf?"
Me: "Mmmm, sorta..."
Dad: "Burned all your bridges?"
Me: "Ummm, not really."
Dad: Pauses to stir the spaghetti and is smiling. "Hindsight is 20/20"
Me: "Daaaad!!!! You're weird!!!"
Dad: Laughs at himself and stirs the spaghetti


That's my Dad.

2 comments:

Meyen said...

I love this!!!

Ms. Fu-Daddy said...

Isn't it soooo my dad?! Haha.