Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Getting Lost Where I Belong

Morton St.

Woodman St.

Another rainy day in Boston. Parting from one another is harder than I thought it would be. I haven't updated my Top 15 as I thought I would, mostly because I have been living my last days in Boston as opposed to prematurely remembering my last days in Boston.

Here are some pictures from my last few days in Boston:
Last dinner at the Haven

Candlelit dinner at Jo's

At AFH's Closing Ceremony

Beebs and Breezy at Jo's

Goodbye Party at Jo's

Redline with the ladies

I-Hop with Debaters + Myesha+ Mushri

Dinner with the Dejenes

Crepes with Marian

With Billbo

Tapas with the Girls

Off this!!

I thought I knew that God wanted me somewhere else, but the past few weeks with friends, family, and love made me question my decision to leave. Today, though, I knew I had to leave. While I have the most amazing, beautiful family in Boston, I realized that there's nothing left for me here. The realization hit me with clarity as I drove down Morton St. in the pouring rain. I'm meant for something else right now. The road is ahead of me. I may not know where I'm going, but at least I'm "Lost Where I Belong."

Lost Where I Belong
Staring
At an empty page again
Searching
Deep within my soul
Sometimes
I don't know where to begin.
When there's
Nothing left to hold.

So I will sing you a song
That I know that I can
Lead on
Cuz I'm lost where I belong
Where I belong.

Drifting
Around this empty place
Again
Hoping to feel hope.
Hearing
Nothing but the world...
Silence
Is louder than before.

So I will sing you a song
That I know that I can lead on
Cuz I am lost where I belong
Where I belong.

I can't give you
What I don't have to give.
Am I going somewhere?
Still I try to believe

So I will sing you a song
That I know that I can lean on

No comments: