
Growing up, my family ate really good food at home but we never really ate at fancy restaurants. The fanciest it got was the Olive Garden or Chili's. It was only when I moved to Boston that I tried more bougie restaurants and tastes.
When Pam moved in with Stephanie and I, we started a tradition of going to a "fancy" restaurant once a month as our date. We wanted to go to places where we wouldn't usually go ourselves. We went to Green St. Grill, Oleana, Chez Henri, and Teranga. The best dinner we had though was at Rendezvous in Central Square.
The inside of the restaurant is beautiful -very warm, simple and tasteful. The staff there are wonderful. Bob, the manager is so kind and cheerful. Steve, the chef-owner is very humble and gracious. (Check out this great article about Steve's houseboat!) And Terry, the bar tender is an expert at his job. Because they knew and loved Stephanie, they were even more sweet to us when we got there and took really good care of us.
The clincher for Rendezvous, though, is the food. I always say that when you can make me like something that I generally hate, it's gotta be good! Rendezvous has done that for me with three dishes that I don't enjoy. I guess I'm kind of weird because I really don't like steak and roast chicken, but when Pam ordered the steak and Stephanie the roast chicken, I had a taste of each and thoroughly enjoyed each dish! You don't understand how much I dislike steak, and I actually really liked the steak at Rendezvous. I also hate any dessert that has some type of lemon flavoring, but the Lemon-Buttermilk Pudding with Huckleberry Sauce has got to be one of my favorite desserts! Every time I go there, I have to have it.
On Mondays, Jojo and I usually go to Rendezvous for their Monday Tapas Bar. Some of my favorites from their menu is the Gulab Sharbat a hibiscus and rose carbonated drink that they mix right there. I also love the Grilled Merguez Sausage with Pomegranate, Yogurt Sauce, and Mint. The Sautéed Squid with chorizo + arroz negro and wood grilled pizza have also been some of our favorites. I don't have entrees that often but when they have skate or the veal and pork meatballs, those are great choices.

Usually, I'm a hole in the wall type of girl, but Rendezvous is one of the exceptions to that rule. I've enjoyed every meal I've had there and if you get a chance to go, you definitely should!
MyHanh and I at Monday Tapas Bar.
1 comment:
Lemon-Buttermilk Pudding with Huckleberry Sauce-- so, so good. so glad you we got to do this place together. good one for the list.
Post a Comment