Friday, August 27, 2010

Love Rain

It's amazing to learn that Love Rain is real.
Whether it pours for a minute, for a day, or for years, it sustains and is best when it falls on Fertile Ground. I need nothing more than to know this, no matter what happens:

"Your fields have become
Lush and green and
Somebody wants
To be part of your solace
And you deserve
Every bit of
What will be beautiful."


Love rain down on me, on me, down on me
Love rain down on me, on me, down on me
Love rain down on me, on me, down on me

Met him on a Thursday, sunny afternoon
Cumulus clouds, 84 degrees
He was brown, deep
Said he wanted to talk about my mission
Listen to my past lives. (Word?)
Took me on long walks to places where butterflies rest easy
Talked about Moses and Mumia
Reparations, blue colors, memories of shell-topped Adidas
He was fresh, like summer peaches
Sweet on my mind like block parties and penny candy
Us was nice and warm, no jacket, no umbrella, just warm
At night we would watch the stars
And he would physically give me each and every one
I felt like cayenne pepper, red, hot, spicy
I felt dizzy and so near heaven and miles between my thighs
Better than love, we made delicious
He me had, had me he
He had me tongue tied
I could hear his rhythm in my thoughts
I was his sharp, his horn section
His boom and his bip
And he was my love

Love rain down on me, on me, down on me

The rain was fallin'
slowly and sweetly and stinging my eyes
And I could not see that
He became my voodoo priest
And I was his faithful concubine
Wide open, wide, loose like bowels after collard greens
The mistake was made
Love slipped from my lips
Dripped down my chin and landed in his lap
And us became brand new

Love rain down

It was half past dusk
You were rockin black musk
...
Made the clock wind slower.
Grabbed my hips
Curled a kiss
cross my lips
Like a whisper
Blue train
Shocked...on the system
Listen...
It's John C
You hummed a melody
In pitch and on key
You was my quiet storm
Water sign
You pushed me to the borderline
Love to rumble all the time
Kept my senses on the grind
Sweeter than Sapporo wine
The original raw
Rather sweet like the cinnamon straw
You was my heart's distraction
My father's distraction
My deepest inspiration
My heat, my frustration
What you difficult for?
You was...from before
I want that old thing back
Baby give me some more
When clouds...in the sky
And tears flood up in your eye
Just hold on to the moment, love

Yes, you broke me
But I'm healing...

No comments: