I haven't posted up much on the Philippines on my blog. I don't really know why, but it's not always in the forefront, though it always runs through me. In the next few months, though, I hope to immerse myself there. I'm both nervous and excited about the prospect. I haven't lived there for an extended period of time since college.

I have folks though, who are much more in touch and my homie on the West Coast, Kiwi, posted up news about Dukot, a movie about some of the political unrest that was happening during Macapagal Arroyo's presidency. There were activists that disappeared or were put on house arrest for speaking against the government and this movie captures some of those stories.

I was writing to my friends about this and came to realize that with me moving to the PI for a few months, I'll be able to see what's really going on, instead of hearing the same old, same old from family, friends, and the news. Currently, my Tito Noynoy has become president of the Philippines and though we are not close, I'm very interested to see how he follows through on the hope he gave people during his campaign. I'll be sure to update on that while I'm there.
Dukot will be showing in the States this September and October. Check the website and the trailer below:
No comments:
Post a Comment