Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Biba's Boston: 11 -Houghton's Pond

Number 11: Houghton's Pond


Being an island girl at heart makes me constantly long for the water, seafood, warm weather, sun, etc. So, imagine my pleasure when I found out that this summer, I've been living 20 minutes from Houghton's Pond. No, it's not an island. No, it's not a beach, but it's water, some sand, some sun, and it's not too crowded when you go at the right time.

Dubbed the Brown People's beach by Li and Ambrose, I really did like that there were people of color and LOTS of kids to watch -it was like a free movie. All the camp kids were HILARIOUS. Li and I were keeling over with some of the stuff that they did so innocently. It was great. On other visits, I just had a great time chilling with Ani, Melodie, Terry, and MyHanh or reading my book with my Fig Newman's by my side. Even though Houghton's Pond was a new experience for me in Boston just this summer, I will forever be grateful for the few days I spent there with my friends. It reminded me a little bit of home.

1 comment:

myhanh said...

am DIGGING your "Biba's Boston" series. I will get you those pics soon! my hard drive is being so wack wack wack!