In Number 10 of my Biba's Boston Series, I wrote about Luna Cafe, one of my favorite cafes in Boston. The other favorite of mine is Andala Cafe in Central Square. I LOVE this cafe. The staff, the food, and the ambiance are all wonderful. It used to be an Abesha café but is now owned by a sweet Turkish man. The staff is welcoming and efficient. It’s nice to see the same faces whenever I go in. The café itself is a warm two floor establishment that has work space for individuals or groups. There were lots of times when friends and I would socialize or “do work” there together. Many a term paper was graded in that café. Probably lost some papers in there as well, just kidding.

The food and coffee there are quite tasty. If you ever head over for a snack, my absolute favorite is the Jerusalem Egg Sandwich, which comes with a tasty Potato Salad or coleslaw. The waitresses there already know what I order as soon as I get there. The fresh juices are good as well as their chicken dishes, I just can’t say no to my egg sandwich.
Me and Melke in the basement of Andala.
Another plus about Andala is that they serve shisha during the summertime. If you’re a smoker, it’s one of the few places in Boston that has hookahs. They have a beautiful outside patio that gets great sun and even better people watching. If you’re in the Central Square area, you definitely need some Andala in your life. I'm actually craving my egg sandwich and mocha right as I type this! :-/
No comments:
Post a Comment