Saturday, May 15, 2010

Food Inc.

I just finished watching Food Inc. and am completely amazed by what I saw. I'm still processing and have a lot to think about when it comes to food, freedom, and justice.
There were so many parts of the movie that dealt with real farmers, workers, and families suffering/challenging the problems of agri-business. It made all of the things I had heard about before a little more tangible.
There are so many important decisions to make about food and how we buy it, cook it, and eat it. I would love to hear how other people have dealt with this personal dilemma. I have already started my brainstorming and will try to update when plan of action has been concretized. Until then, those of you who have not yet watched the movie, DO IT!!! Check out the trailer below.

Also, for those of you who are interested in sustainable food systems, check out CUESA, the Center for Urban Education about Sustainable Agriculture. I learned about CUESA from Farmer Jane's blog!

P.S.-Why the HELL is this movie a repeat of The Jungle by Upton Sinclair, only 100 years later? REAAALLLYYY?!?!?! Why do we learn nothing from history?!?!?!

1 comment:

Rady Ananda said...

yeah, Food Inc. is a great film; and so is Fresh, which is a more delightful view of natural vs. chemical farming.

If interested, I wrote a review of Fresh at my blog, Food Freedom.