Bilal's rendition of Is This Love is off the chain!! (Couldn't embed the video so I'm linking it.) In all honesty, I never LOVED this song, even though it's a Marley classic. But Bilal, his producers, and his instrumentalists make it so beautiful.
In watching this video, I remembered how I couldn't handle Bilal earlier in my life. To me, he was too much, too heavy, my brain and spirit couldn't quite compute him completely. When I listened, I knew there was something that I was missing. It made me uncomfortable and edgy.
It was only after I had begun to life live with a different type of clarity and comprehension that I was able to begin to understand him. Maybe not even understand, but sit, listen, appreciate, and love.

Oh my word, and his new song Levels from Airtight's Revenge is gorgeous!!! I'm in love all over again. Lord, have mercy.
No comments:
Post a Comment