Friday, September 3, 2010

Biba's Boston: 6 -Super 88



My first time at Super 88 in Brighton was with my big brother Esteban. I must have been a freshman in college when he told me about a wonderful beverage called bubble tea. We took the B line down to Packard’s corner and I was hooked forever after that day.


The Super 88 in Brighton is different from the other ones in the Boston area. This is the only Super 88 with a cafeteria serving different types of Asian food. Some of the vendors have come and gone, but the ones I always stuck with and who are still there are the Lollicup, Viet Pho, the Indian vendor, as well as the Korean vendors. All super yummy! The Empty Fridge has a great review of Super 88!

Lollicup serves milk tea, slushes, and ices. Sometimes I’d grab a passion fruit or mango slush with boba, but my fallback was and always will be a regular Royal Milk Tea. This is probably the reason why I gained a million pounds senior year, but now I temper my boba intake. Hehe.


My absolute favorite food vendor there, though was Pho Viet's. The family that owns the restaurant is great. They make the BEST Goi Cuon, which are the Vietnamese summer rolls that are highly YUM. I also used to be addicted to their Lemongrass Chicken and vermicelli and their lemongrass porkchop. I’m actually not a huge fan of their pho, sorry to say. They are a sweet family, though, and I’m going to miss them so much.

The Indian place was always good for some chicken tikka masala, saag paneer, and naan. The chicken chilli naan was a meal unto itself! Lastly, the Korean spots there are where I first learned about Bibimbop, bulgogi, and pajun. I’ll never forget them for that gift of a lifetime. Lol!


And of course, if you go to the back of Super 88, you have the Asian grocery, which is now known as the Hong Kong grocery or something like that. I used to get my fish from there all the time and of course, they have the Asian snacks that you can’t get anywhere else.

If you’re ever in the BU/Brighton area, you need to go. Long live Super 88. I’ll miss that place dearly. Sigh.

No comments: