I have this weird condescension for roses. I can't explain it. I mean, yes, I agree that they are beautiful, but I don't think they are the most beautiful flower. (That being said, I don't HATE roses.) Maybe it's because they have become THE representation for what love is. I know there's a history to it, but gosh, why the roses got to get all the love?! I don't know. Like I said, weird.
I found this hilarious picture about roses vs. potatoes as representations of love on a blog that I've recently been getting a kick out of. The name of the writer is The Creator is Brown so of course I had to check it out. Here's the pic:

But let's be real. If my partner ever came at me with some non roses or a potato, my corny ass would definitely question where his head was at cuz even I have bought into the social meaning of the rose. smh. Now some roses, some other flowers, and a potato? I could get with that. lol. Too much?
No comments:
Post a Comment