Tuesday, June 8, 2010

In Review: Time for Some Reading

I've been reviewing some of my old blog entries today. While my writing is not as sickeningly corny and trite as it used to be (I know, can you believe it was worse?) I think it's time to step up my game.

Better writing means more reading and I have not touched a book in a thorough, methodical, loving way in a minute. Thank goodness for short stories and planes , where I can read for at least a little bit and feel as though I've gotten through something! My latest have been excerpts from Sherman Alexie's Ten Little Indians and Jhumpa Lahiri's Interpreter of Maladies. Both have some really great short stories in them.

The end of the year always steals my leisurely reading time and directs me to research papers. Woopwoop (without too much enthusiasm). Hopefully, I can get back into my personal reading time soon!!

No comments: