Sunday, August 21, 2011

Still Here

He flashes through my mind at certain moments, especially in the past month when I feel his spirit and his memories so vividly that it feels as though he is calling me. Sometimes it seems as thoughI could breathe him in, he is so close. I was no one special to him, just a companion in the last few months of his life. Not a lifelong friend. Not the love of his life. Just a passerby that happened to love him very much despite our differences, despite our weaknesses, despite the depression, the confusion and the anger that would suddenly show themselves during our time together.


He is hard to forget. His smile, his eyes, his voice, his determination, his focus, his love for his family. No, he is an unforgettable man. It’s been more than a year and when I feel his presence, I often wonder where he walks, if he is now passing by me, reminding me of his vibrant existence during this life.


Walk in peace. We miss you.

No comments: