A few months ago, I was in Whole Foods buying yet another slab of cheese when I saw a bright green snack bag with the cutest illustration of a popped corn and kettle. I almost bought the damn bag of popcorn and I hate cheese popcorn. Ew.
The other day at Fairway, though, I totally failed. I got SUCKED in by the purple bag of Ike and Sam's Caramel Crunch Kettle Corn. Three of my favorite things in one -the color purple, cute/weird/random cartoon characters and caramel corn. It's such a curse.

Today, as I munched away on a percentage of the bag that will not be revealed here, I thought to myself, "Dag, Biba. You're like 8. You totally got sucked in by the purple bag and the cute, cuddly corn and kettle!! Curse you, advertising world and Biba's immature advertising screen." It prompted me to look up a little bit about the design of the logo and I actually found the website of the designer, Geoff Glisson, who is responsible for that cute little corn and kettle set. Apparently, they were one of the fastest growing snacks in their category and I can't help but think that Geoff Glisson really helped them out with that one. He must be RICH!!!

Smh. Oh, the power of advertising! Can you imagine getting rich over a sketch and prompting thousands of unsuspecting customers like me to get fat over some bright colors and a piece of popcorn with big googly eyes that beg you to eat it and a sardonic looking kettle that looks like someone is calling it black?
Try this brand at your own risk. And if you're like me (apparently, an 8 year old child) you may want to avert your gaze from the brightly colored packaging. Next time I walk into Fairway, I will be looking to the right of the chip aisle, where all I'll see are drably colored and packaged Blue Corn chips.
Detox starts in a week!! lol. No, really.
2 comments:
L-O-L...I am right there with you ma...those bags look super cool, and a great point...why do wholesome chip bags look so damn drab?? if veggies and fruits were sold in the cool way everything else is sold (free Buzz Lightyear with your eggplant!) then perhaps we could get kids - 8 year olds incl. :) - onto something good...
ps. i hope you're blessed to stay an inner kid forever. purple hot dogs at 75. yep, that'll be us!
hahahahah. ew.
Post a Comment