"I planted, Apollos watered, but God caused the growth. Therefore, neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God who causes growth." -1 Corinthians 3:1-9
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Rediscovering New York: Palisades Parkway Sunocos
Everybody who takes the Palisades Parkway to and from the city stops at the Sunocos right next to the GW Bridge. This evening when I stopped for gas, I saw the most bittersweet sight at the gas station -all these older brown men pumping gas for folks while laughing and joking with one another in their neon yellow Sunoco jackets. Lots of them were Latino, West Indian or West African and while it was somewhat sad to see these older men pumping gas in the cold weather, it was just a heartwarming sight to see their laughing and joyful camaraderie. The folks always make something out of nothing. Always.
Labels:
friendship,
God,
home,
life,
love,
Souls of Brown Folks,
struggle,
Third Worldism
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment