Sunday, October 31, 2010

On Lovenotes

More good reading for Joan Morgan's book. In one chapter she reminds herself and us of some key rules when it comes to love and dating:

"I'm over it. The next time some dude tells me he doesn't deserve me, I'm gonna assume he knows what he's talking about and head toward the nearest exit...

I will not fall in love with a man's potential.

When it comes to romance, sistas need to eliminate the words "if only" from our vocabulary...Potential is a relationship between an individual and God. When it comes to life's lessons, people learn the lesson when they're damn good and ready to receive it -and that's usually not a second before the good Lord sees fit. All the loving, pushing, willing, cajoling, nagging, or threatening in the world won't get two year olds to act like they're twelve. And it doesn't work on grown men either...

I'm going to make God the main man in my life.

When me and God's relationship is right, everything else just kinda falls into place..."
-Joan Morgan

No comments: